JULY 2018 ‘A Missional People – Taking the whole gospel to the whole world’
Prayer is crucial and underpins everything we do.
- Every pound you give directly funds taking the gospel to the world and helps fulfil the vision of
Let us remember the 2020 Vision
- 20 New Nations;
- 2000 New Churches;
- 200,000 New believers
Pray for the upcoming AO visit to Mozambique by Pastor Stuart & Sandra Wood.
They will be visiting a number of the new churches that have been planted in the last couple of years.
The Hub church planting model that has been adopted in Mozambique has been extremely effective with 89 churches planted and over 4,750 people coming to faith in Christ. Stuart & Sandra will be visiting the cities of Beira and Nampula during their visit. In the last week or 2 there has been news of significant persecution against Christians in the northern province of Cabo Delgado that has seen a number of Christians killed and many savagely beaten.
PRAY: for this persecution to cease and for safe travels during this ActionOverseas trip.
Action Overseas Board
Pastors Dmitri Sorokin, Tim Jack and Nigel Bainbridge will visit Russia from 3-11 July. The aim of this visit to look for opportunities that could lead to Apostolic Church starting in Russia.
• General Christian outreach during the World Cup.
• Meeting people and gaining a strong sense of friendship
• To see God’s power active, not just in divine connections, but in divine power
• It is not a dangerous country for Evangelicals (1% of population) but the laws about evangelism are very restrictive and great care will be needed. Pray that we receive God’s favour to experience invitations and not scrutiny and suspicion.
• For God to place the burden in the hearts of others to be actively involved themselves with seeing the Apostolic Church launched in Russia.
Cardiff International Church mission trip to Latvia –
- Give thanks for the 34 people who gave their life to Jesus in the town of Druviena. Please pray for Pastor Gi-Jung as CIC consider how to follow up this great response. Let’s pray for the teaching and baptising of these new believers and the launch of a new church.
- Give thanks for the 9 people who gave their life to Jesus in the village of Platone. Please pray for Pastor Andi as he follows up these new converts and aims to integrate into Platone Christian Church.
Pastor David Nam is the National Leader of the Apostolic Church in Vietnam
He is facing several difficult challenges at the moment and would value the prayers of the church in the UK.
In the midst of these challenges David’s father sadly passed away on 22 June.
Pray that Ps. David and his family will know God’s comfort and sustaining power.
Following the recent spate of church closures by the Rwandan government we have received news from Pastor Leonidas (above left) in Kigali that his church, that was closed during the first wave of government action was reopened on Sunday 17th June!
PRAY for the many Rwandan pastors and congregations who have been impacted by this persecution as they seek to continue to meet together for joint worship.
Believers cannot go out on the streets and share their faith. They are constantly in fear of retaliation from the authorities but the house church movement in Iran is one of the fastest growing churches in the world.
Please pray for the Christian TV channels which feed many of these congregations. It is estimated that 20% of the population have viewed a Christian programme on their mobile in the last year.
PRAY for the TV call centres: in 2016 one call centre processed 700 calls per day which resulted in an average of 93 decisions per day!
Pray for a crack in the extremist Islamic beliefs in this area of Saharan Africa.
Kingdom Mission Training College prepares young people from Myanmar for church ministry.
PRAY: For these students in their studies, in particular the new ones who have arrived this term, several of whom have never been away from their villages before for a prolonged period.
Joanna Flood in Brazil
Please continue to pray for our sister that’s currently in Brazil sharing the Gospel and doing the work of the Kingdom.
She gives an account
‘We visited a new village of 6 families who have very little. The pastor doesn’t live there as his house is not complete and has to travel for hours to get there. Through your giving, I am able to give the Pastor £100 to buy 25 bags of cement to help build his house so that he and his wife can live in the village and give the support that is needed for the families living there.’
‘After one camp, a women in one village recommitted her life to Jesus. The following day we had the privilege of visiting her home. Her husband shared how he hadn’t been going to church for 6 months but reads his bible every day. We were able to encourage him and prayed for them, God’s presence was so tangible. They were so grateful.’
Please pray for this project and the work God is doing through Ray of Hope in the Amazon jungle as well as His protection, wisdom and discernment as I journey to various areas. God bless you all.
What’s happening at ANC?
- People Point Supporting the work of God at ANC (missions)
- Going out into the community – Fulfilling the great commission of the church – Matthew 28:19 -20
- Every Friday – Youth Alive Club YOUTH ALIVE, at Kennington Park Estate
- Homework Club
- First Stop Legal Advice
- Practical ways of showing the love of God – FOOD BANK
ANC FINANCIAL TARGET
Target for 2017/18 = £20,000
Apr 2018 – £1,227.81
May 2018 – £1151.51
June 2018 – £1294.68